Sunday 2 June 2013

Lauryn Hill - Neurotic Society.

For me, Lauryn Hill set herself high standards and this single did not reach the level I would have hoped. Growing up listening to her music I was really looking forward to a song that could introduce her to a new generation, yet it's just left people like me and my parents reminiscing her old songs and more soulful sound. I can't help being off-put by the fact that she released it to pay off tax bills in the hope to avoid imprisonment. It takes away the depth and meaning that has been prominent in her other work. 

Here are examples of her songs that I've grown knowing and appreciating:




I'd like to think when she's out of Jail she will produce a more sophisticated single, she will have three years to ponder life and crack out some remorseful lyrics.

Megan Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment